Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My oven on my Whirlpool range Model RF380LXK does work. It

Customer Question

My oven on my Whirlpool range Model RF380LXK does work. It is showing F 5 on the display screen. What is the problem and how can I fix it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 10 years old and the model # is RF380LXK
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: es if it is not too complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I tried to use the self-clean last night and that is when this all happened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.
  1. Will the door open?
  2. Has it recently been self cleaned?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the door will open. I tried to use the self clean last night but it wouldn't work. The door wouldn't lock. Now in the view bar along with the time there is a red "loc" in that window also.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The door latch assembly is faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The latch assembly is mounted on the back of the oven, shown as number 6 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!