Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My jenn-air is beeping like crazy. 20+ yrs. model D156,

Customer Question

My jenn-air is beeping like crazy.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 20+ yrs. model D156
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: stove top works, oven resets every time it beeps.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 14 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If it is beeping like that you will need to replace the control board, they do not make that board anymore, but you can take it out and send it in to APPLIANCETIMERS.COM to get it fixed and returned for that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Had the board replaced just 1 year ago for the same problem. Cost me $600. Is it worth it to have it repaired?

It should only cost 150 to have it repaired from Appliance Timers, I would send it off.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Where can I order drip pans for this unit?

What cartridges do you have?