Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does Lr mean when appearing. my washer will not go into

Customer Question

what does Lr mean when appearing . my washer will not go into spin mode
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Mah5500bww app. 12 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it would depend on what the problem was
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Lr stands for "locked rotor" which means that your motor control board thinks the motor is struggling to turn the tub. Open the door and spin the basket to see if it spins smoothly. If it doesn't then you could have a bad main bearing, a broken support arm, or something stuck between the tubs which is really difficult to repair. Now most likely the tub will spin smoothly so if that is the case, the motor control kit which comes with a new motor (it's been re-designed) needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the kit for your model. The part is about $260

CLICK HERE for control kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?