Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a 24 in whirlpool wall oven. I went to clean it

Customer Question

I have a 24 in whirlpool wall oven. I went to clean it yesterday and noticed the lock stayed in position - I cannot close my overn door now. I have tried the lock code in reference manual -nothing seems to work. Pleasehelp
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That is a fairly common issue, we can try to reset the lock but doing the following:

1. find the door light switch ( the switch the door pushes in when the door is closed)

3. Manually push the switch in with you hand while keeping it pressed in program the oven to start a self clean cycle for about 30 seconds and then cancel the cycle all the time keeping the light switch pressed in.

after that is done the latch hook should be back at the correct position and you should be able to close the door.

If that does not work then the lock assembly has failed and will need to be replaced, let me know if that is the case and I will give you the replacement part number for the lock assembly.

******************************************************************************

Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Light switch won't budge. Do basically this was a waste of money
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I better not be charged as what you responded with did not work.