Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

10 yr old Frigidaire side by side. No longer cooling. Had

Customer Question

10 yr old Frigidaire side by side. No longer cooling. Had been unplugged and plugged back in. Sounds like motor is trying to come on but just whines. Interior lights will not come on and water dispenser will not activate. Is there a capacitor, in line fuse or something else that may be the culprit?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 10 yrs old. Exact model to follow
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well it depends. It is my mothers and she has tried calling for someone but no one available. It is a Gallery series.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: She is getting model number now.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The model no. is fghs2634kwo
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That issue is going to be the main board on the unit, its located under the right side bottom of the unit remove the toe/kick plate and you will see the casing for the board mounted under there. The replacement board is listed below:

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

******************************************************************************

Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Any way to test the board and make sure that is the problem? Are you confident that is the problem?

considering the multiple issues, the lights, dispenser etc; the main board powers the controls for all of that so I am fairly confident that is the problem unless there is some rare wiring issue that has occurred on the unit.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The lights are blinking on the panel and it beeps continuously. Sounds like a relay kicking in and the fan spins for a sec.

Yes that is the main board the relay you hear clicking is on the board. Replace the board and that will take care of it.