Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The main control board on my Whirlpool Gold French Door

Customer Question

The main control board on my Whirlpool Gold French Door refrigerator is out. We unplugged it for 5 minutes, but it is still out.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model # GI5SVAXVL01 and is approximately 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: How complex is it?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is the refrigerator still working if the main board is out? The lights are on, but I'm not sure it is running.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

If the refrigerator won't run at all and you have unplugging the unit, I'm sorry to say that your main control board on the back of the refrigerator has failed and would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part and unfortunately it will need programming so I'll give you those instructions next.

CLICK HERE for control board

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled. LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?