Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My GE Profile oven is locked after self cleaning was tried.

Customer Question

My GE Profile oven is locked after self cleaning was tried. I've tried everything that was given to fix over the internet to unlock door.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's pretty old. Model #326B1016P001
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: A appliance repairman has tried with no success.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried cutting the power to the unit? If you have do you have an unlock or off button on your unit? If so try holding it for 5 seconds. If this is not the case the next best thing to do is Unfold a wire hanger and create a hook that you can use to flip the switch. Slide the flat hook through the area between the door and the main part of GE oven. Place the hook over the latch. Pull gently to release the lock. This may take several tries.

• Be careful not to damage the oven’s finish with the wire hanger.
  • If you continue to get an error message that your door is locked when it isn't, press cancel or off to remove the message.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 19 days ago.

I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
That's the exact answer when I googled the same question, and it was free. I don't want to pay you a dime for the same answer I googled. I'm very disappointed, and don't want to pay good money after bad. Where can I rate your company?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I told you I don't want to waste any more money, and want my previous expense refunded.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
please answer!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
where's your 100% satisfaction?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
please answer