Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I can't get the old water filter out to replace it with a

Customer Question

I can't get the old water filter out to replace it with a new one?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I put in a new one six months age and now the lights indicate a new one is needed. But I can't get the old one out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If that is possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The filter unit was different than what zI usually used but ordered correct# ***** for whirlpool. The green light came on and stayed on for six months. The filter button stayed IN this time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Just turn the water off to the unit, then press the dispenser to bleed off any pressure then try and get the filter out it should come right out then. The pressure is the issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.