John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We just hooked up our new gas dryer and the "check lint

Customer Question

we just hooked up our new gas dryer and the "check lint screen" keeps flashing and the unit won't turn on. There is nothing wrong with the lint screen that we see.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag MGD5500FC brand new just bought today.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is has t propane conversion kit installed- we do not have natural gas.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 18 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Make sure the door is shut and have you held the start button for a couple secs to start it?