John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I've got a 3000 series dryer and it won't start. I push the

Customer Question

Hi. I've got a 3000 series dryer and it won't start. I push the power button and the machine turns on. I hold the start button and it beeps, like it would start, but no start.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: YMEDE300VW1. It's the first time this has happened. However it has been getting noisy lately.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. I'm not too handy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's about 8 years old.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 17 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does it hum loudly?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It used to hum loudly, squeak and rattle last time it ran.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I agreed to place a "confidence" deposit of $5 to get an answer. So far, no answers and I've been asked 3 times to spend between $32-100. My "confidence" is quickly fading. I just wanted to get some quick head start.