Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have lg front load washing machine. Door won't open. Water

Customer Question

I have lg front load washing machine. Door won't open. Water has drained and its cool
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's lg true steam true balance. Looking for model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Wm2501h*a Hope too
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You've got model number
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 17 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the door will not open you will have to remove the screws on the back edge of the top panel. Slide the panel straight back and lift it off. Once off you can reach down by the latch assembly and pull the release and open the door. The wiring could have come off the latch or the latch may be bad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.