John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have GE frig-bottom freezer trying to install new filter,

Customer Question

we have GE frig-bottom freezer trying to install new filter, have down so easily in the past no problems, this time however we are doing something wrong, know it's probably something so simple we'll be embarrassed when we find out what it is the problem is we think the filter is fully seated but when we close filter door, auto filtered water, ice maker ect won't work, please help!! Thanks in advance, Deeann
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: GFE28HMHEES
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of at present time
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Install the old filter and see if you have water and let me know.