Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Thermador oven model CT127NW. Error code E13 which has

Customer Question

Thermador oven model CT127NW. Error code E13 which has something to do with the latch. The door does not appear to close completely. It closes enough to turn the light off but it does not seem to close enough for the latch to engage for a self clean. Also the temperature display had been getting dim and is now almost unreadable (the red 7 segment LED display). The oven was made in 1998.
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: Yes the code manual says to turn the breaker off then back on. I've done that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is reasonably simple.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm an electrical engineer who fixed cars for a living at one point in my life so, I should be able to fix this.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is happening here is your door lock motor has failed and will need to be replaced. This is a common thing to happen with these models but luckily not a hard job to tackle. Until the door lock is fixed your self clean will not work at all.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 14 days ago.

http://www.thermador-eshop.com/eshop/thermador/us/edowntime.htm

You will be able to order the parts from here but right now the site is down for maintenance and will have to wait until morning to get the correct part.

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for trying but, the door lock motor has not failed. The latch had become sticky from 18 years of cooking. A little wiggling and some penetrating oil fixed it.