Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My Maytag Gas Dryer Model #MGD6000XW will not start when the

Customer Question

My Maytag Gas Dryer Model #MGD6000XW will not start when the Start Button is pushed, no lights, no buzzer, nothing. Just like it's not plugged-in, but it is on the same plug as the washer and it works fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: This Dryer was purchased on 3/23/2011. We probably use it 2 or 3 times a week. It's been just perfect up until yesterday morning when my wife tried to start a load in it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Absolutely!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what, for instance?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

After you power the unit up and program the selections and press and hold start does the time display count down?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I press power and nothing happens like the machine isn't even plugged-in. It's plugged in to the same outlet as the washer which runs just fine.

ok if your pressing the power button and nothing is happening have you unplugged the unit from the outlet for 5 minutes or more to hopefully reboot the electronic control board.

If not please do so then try to power it up and see what it does.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll go do that now but, it make take me a while since it's going to take a while. Will you still be here in 20 minutes?

I will be online until 5 P.M. EST

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you! I'll be back here in a bit.

No problem,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK! I plugged in the power cord. Now I have power to the machine. When I push the 'Power ' button I get the buzzer noise
but, when I push the 'Start' button nothing happens but, the buzzer noise (alarm) sounds off. I've turned the control knob to several different locations and pressed the 'Start' button but, it still won't start.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK! 'My Bad!' I just thought I might go try it again and what do you know? I wasn't holding the start button until it started. I just touched it instead of holding it down until it started. It seems to be working just fine now. We'll have to try to dry a load of clothes to be sure the problem is gone.Thanks for your input! I learned something today that I will try to retain in my memory. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you give me an idea of what my ignorance has cost me today?

sorry I was taking a call for another customer ,sorry for the delay.

I show you selected the $28. 00 for your question .

and just think if you have called a service company out they would probably done the same thing you just did and collected at least $125.00 for the service call to your home.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank You! You are my new 'best friend'.

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.