Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Maytag Model # MF12569VEB3 Following is the problem, After a

Customer Question

Maytag Model # MF12569VEB3 Following is the problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: After a power outage last summer the above Maytag kept trying to turn on for about 5 min and then went into cooling cycle. Yesterday, we had another power outage with the refrigerator attempting to start but never fully doing so. What could be the problem?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not if it is beyond my capacity to read a schematic and follow directions. Some things are best left to more knowledgeable, experience technicians.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All circuits and breakers are energized to the refrigerator. The freezer, cabinet, and ice make lights all are operational.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 20 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

can you better explain not fully starting ?

Do you have lights ,display , can you hear the freezer fan running?

And do you hear any clicking coming from the rear under the unit?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The unit is six years old. MF12569VEB3 is the only model # I have. Display lights on, compressor sounds as if it is starting, then lights and fan stop. No clicking from rear of unit.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Have you received my telephone request?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
ok...cancel the phone request, however, do you have any advice?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Rechecked the unit, do hear intermittent clicking from rear of unit.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model
"Hello, I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

ok with the clicking ,the fan and lights not running and the power issues .

I suspect you have a faulty main control board in the rear exterior of the unit .

the main High voltage control board is item # 35

http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/W0804110-00001.png

I recommend replacing the main high voltage control board.

Here is a link to the part ,that you can order the part right from this link also.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WPW10310240/0046/106.html?pathTaken=partSearch&q=WPW10310240

If you have any questions just reply back to me .