Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My microwave went black and i replaced the 20 amp fuse.

Customer Question

John, My microwave went black and i replaced the 20 amp fuse. Everything seems to be in order but when I turn it on it will only run for about one second no matter what i set the time for.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool Mod No. WMH3205XVS - 2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a Whirlpool microwave Mod No. WMH3205XVS - 2 that is approximately four years old. It went completely dark and when I replaced the 20 amp fuse. all systems came back open except the unit will only run for about one second regardless of how much time I program it to run; same thong happens when I try to use any of the program keys like plate and etc.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know of anything else.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem may be with the magnetron not getting enough power and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 14 days ago.

I am sorry I am not available for a phone call at the moment but I would be more than happy to assist you on here.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay, so what is the answer to my follow up question?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 14 days ago.

I am not seeing a follow up questions I only see where you had requested the phone call?