RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

We keep getting an "n" code on our N612 refrigerator in our

Customer Question

We keep getting an "n" code on our N612 refrigerator in our Majestic (Cruise America) motorhome. I can reset it, but within a couple of hours the code comes up again. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay.... The n code means no cooling detected by the controls, the fridge senses a high temp condition and will shut down to protect it's self. IF you can run it for a couple hours and then the code comes up you may have an issue with the cooling unit. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. For a blockage you may not have any symptoms at all, when these conditions occur the temp on the back of the fridge is elevated and then it will lock out and give you that code.

What you can check, make sure the upper vent is clear and clean. Make sure the fridge is level, when they sit level the cooling unit can become blocked, if not level, re-level and let sit a few hours and then try to run it. Also you can try a small fan on the back of the fridge pointing upwards that may allow the fridge to run longer for you.

IF it turns out to be the cooling unit it is going to coast 1/2 of what a new fridge will. The labor is more as well, about 4 hours to change the cooling unit VS 1.5 to swap the fridge out.

The key on this is it runs for a few hours then shuts down... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.......

Robert

Expert:  RJ replied 3 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving... Robert