John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Navien water heater doe not produce hot water. I have

Customer Question

My Navien water heater doe not produce hot water. I have kept the house faucet running and opened the release valve. The green light on the panel is off, there is no error codes and the system has power, it sounds like a vent fan is powering in and off. Any suggestions on what to try next. The system is professionally maintained anually by the plumber who performed the installation 5 years ago. This is the first time we have had an issue
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Only for about 10 minutes or so. Did not help
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Out of my league. Would prefer a certified tech
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Like what?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WCohn replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 13 days ago.

I am a Navien Factory trained and certified repair technician. Do you have any error codes and what model is your water heater?

Expert:  WCohn replied 13 days ago.

If you are not getting an error code you either have a stuck or faulty flow sensor. If it is a NR-??? model this is a common issue