Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How does this service work? what do you charge? How much is

Customer Question

How does this service work? what do you charge?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the appliance technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: How much is the rest? Is it a flat fee?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

What appliance issue may I help you with today?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have a Fisher&Paykel ecosmart washing machine. Model GWL15. The inlet nozzle has been dripping water for three days inside the tub. I turned off the water but it continues dripping. There is 6 inches of water inside the tub now.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'd prefer responses in writing, thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

Okay, so the water inlet valve is likely faulty on the machine and it sounds like the wall valve may have issues, too, if you have turned the water off and it still drips.

1. If you unplug the machine, does it still drip?
  2. Can you tell if the water is hot or cold?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
it still drips unplugged. The water is cold.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

That would mean that the cold water inlet valve will need to be replaced. Unplugging it tells us that there is no voltage "leaking" that would allow the valve to partially open, so that only leaves the valve as faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

On the back of the timer console, there are screws that come4 out to allow the console to pull up in the back and then slide out of small holding tabs in the front for replacement of that valve.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I ordered the part. And have the service manual.
I forget how much of your expertise I get. I think I registered for the basic service. Is that restricted to a certain number of questions, like 5 a month? Or is that five rounds of exchanges with you? I'd like to have some expertise left for when I install the part.
So that would be all for now, I guess. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding this agreement. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

You can post back anytime, there is no question limit for this machine or time limit! We just keep going until your machine is working as it should! :-)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK, thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

My pleasure, thank you!

Please be sure to rate at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service! Thank you!

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi, Kelly. I have an update. I was tired of the dripping water so I disconnected the cold water hose, but it kept dripping. When you asked me if the dripping water was hot or cold, I said cold. So apparently the dripping water was hot. (It does not feel hot because I have a tankless water heater, so unless hot water has been running, there is always cold water sitting in the pipes.) Does that make a difference in the diagnosis? Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

On this model, no, both solenoids are included in the valve I linked you to.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
OK. Why did you ask that then? Just curious. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

Some models use individual valves, I asked before I looked up your model. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Not a problem. Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 20 days ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Kelly. I got my valves replaced and put everything back together but then found a spare part. I don't see where it goes anywhere inside the console. I took a photo but the add files button on this box is not working. The piece is plastic, white, and looks sort of like a pancake turner but with a short handle offset from the "pancake holding" surface. There are three parallel ridges running three-quarters of the length of this thingy that create two channels. On the pancake surface's outer corners, there are two curved pieces that appear to allow something like a wire to run perpendicular to the piece on its short "pancake" edge. This piece measures 4 by 1.25 inches. Know what it is and where it goes? Thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 days ago.

I will see if another is available to help.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Did you find anyone else who knows? I am able to attach images today. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Wait, I figured it out. Never mind!