Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have an LG washer and it stopped (I think at the end or

Customer Question

I have an LG washer and it stopped (I think at the end or near the end of the previous cycle). The door remained locked but I was able to pry open the top casing and remove the clothing (it looks like my wife put in too large a load as it was VERY full and the clothes were very entangled). I am wondering what you think? I am also wondering how one would know if the problem is the Noise Filter or main board (i.e., how could I tell if the Noise filter needs to be replaced and/or whether the fuse in the noise filter is blown)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If the unit is completely dead I would replace the filter board on the unit. There is a fuse on that board you could test to see if it is blown.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am assuming when you say "filter board" you mean the noise filter. If so, how do I check this fuse?

Yes the noise filter board, use a ohm meter to check it, it is just a bus fuse.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It doesn't look like the fuse can be removed. Can I test it without removing it?

Yes you can not remove it,but you can test it just test on the ends

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK. Is there also a way to tell if the Main Control Board is faulty as well? or do you need to have power flowing to it first?

You need power to it first