Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore dryer will not shut off until door is opened and

Customer Question

Kenmore dryer will not shut off until door is opened and starts again when closing door. Have replaced the timer and that did not solve problem. What is next step? Model #110.60852990
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the dryer starts as soon as the door is closed, that isn't an issue with the timer, that's an issue with your start button being stuck. You'd need to order and replace the start switch to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for start switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?