John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Suds flowed out of the dispenser. I then poured water into

Customer Question

Suds flowed out of the dispenser. I then poured water into the dispenser and did another wash cycle successfully, and could see fewer suds. Four hours later the machine started beeping. Unplugged and replugged to no avail., Tried another wash cycle. Started up, then the letter "P" appeared on the monitor and it stopped. Beeping continues as long as machine is plugged.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch WAS24460UC
front loader, about 5 years old. I just bought the apartment with it installed.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No A Bosch repair person is coming out Tuesday but I am worried because it is squeezed in a tight place with the back inaccessible. I'd like to know how serious this could be.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 21 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That should not be too big of a deal you may likely just have a soaping issue that the tech can easily get cleared up. I would expect the bill to be about 150 to fix this whole thing.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.