Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge profile microwave making buzzing noise when door closed &

Customer Question

Ge profile microwave making buzzing noise when door closed & off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Jvm1790sk01
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

If the microwave isn't in use and you're getting a buzzing noise, your display control board has just failed for some reason I'm sorry to say. Whether the board is making the noise or another part is making the noise, nothing should be getting power other than the display board and if something else is getting power then the board is sending power out when it shouldn't be. Either way, below is a link to the display board you'd need to order and replace if unplugging the unit for 5 minutes won't reset the issue.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?