Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Thermador gas range and oven and the oven isn't

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Thermador gas range and oven and the oven isn't working after cleaning it a few weeks ago. How do I fix this?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Thermador pro-24 and is probably 7 + years old. I don't have the manual so I don't know the model #
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I relit the pilot light or is it more cpmplicated?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Thermador doesn't use a pilot light so unless then unit is over 30 years old there is no pilot light to relight. There is however a high limit thermostat that common trips during self clean because the oven gets so hot. Now the location of this thermostat can be either above the oven behind the door latch, or it could be mounted on the back of the oven. You'll need to unplug the oven or flip the breaker off to the oven. Then open the oven door and remove the screws going into the vent panel below the control panel which runs across the latch. Remove this panel and look for a 1" black and silver device behind the latch with 2 wires going to it. There is a little place button on the high limit thermostat that you can press hard and if it clicks it'll reset the heat. If it's not located behind the latch, then the oven will need to be pulled out and the back panel removed to access the part mounted to the back of the oven. Either way, press the button and it should reset the heat.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?