John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My gas hot water went out, i thought it was the

Customer Question

my gas hot water went out, i thought it was the thermocouple, i have replace 4 of them over the past few years. i replaced it again, now the pilot light isn't the small blue flame it has a 3 inch yellow flame and only heats for ten minutes then shuts off. what could it be? Don Florida
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: i have replaced thermocouple one a year for the last 3 years the last one was in December 2015, the major problem happened Tuesday.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to. I don't know what the problem is causing it to shut off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: replacing the thermocouple was easy, i just don't know what else it could be other than the temperature control panal
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 20 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?