Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have new maytag centennial washer, lid lock switch has no

Customer Question

I have new maytag centennial washer, lid lock switch has no screws how do I get it out so I can put the new one in
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: mvwc415ew1 just bought it 2 months ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have the part and yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just need to know how to pop out the switch I know the rest
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

So there are screws but they come in from below the top panel so you need to remove the top panel to access these screws. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access and replace the latch for this unit.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just so you know there are no screws, on this unit you have to pop it out so you might want to do a little research on it. I have repaired the unit and thanks for trying.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 days ago.

Unfortunately the diagrams are 100% accurate but the process of replacing the part is exactly as shown in the video minus possibly the screws you don't have to remove on your exact unit.