Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have had my Fridigaire side by side refrigerator for 3

Customer Question

I have had my Fridigaire side by side refrigerator for 3 years,the last two days the freezer door will not stay completely closed,it looses the seal after a couple of minutes.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: new from 2013 FGHS2631P
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe,depend on how difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

So unfortunately the plastic closers on the bottom of the freezer door are just wearing down and not holding the door shut so you'll need to remove the top hinge, remove the door, and replace the closers. There are 2 parts. The part numbers are###-##-####for the bottom piece and###-##-####for the top part. Replace both of those plastic parts and you'll be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?