Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung fridge rf217acwp light doesn't go on warning

Customer Question

Samsung fridge rf217acwp light doesn't go on warning bell dinging
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: that is the model no. had to take the doors off to move it I have Reconnected the readouts at the top and the fan and cooling seems ok I don't know the age
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I'm wondering at what point is the switch that detects wether the door is open or not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the temp reading for the fridge is also pegged at 64 but seems it is cooler
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

So the switches on this refrigerator are "reed switches" which means they are triggered by magnets on the door. The switch is located up inside the top control panel one on the right side and one on the left side. Just remove the control panel to see the part. Below is a link to the switch so you know what you're looking for and again you should have continuity through it when you place a magnet against the front face of it if the switch is good.

CLICK HERE for part

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.