Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a built in kitchenaid refrigerator that is missing a

Customer Question

we have a built in kitchenaid refrigerator that is missing a key part for repair i wanted to see if you have it by any chance?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Fan, bracket single 938224
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: thats the part i believe it is a 2000 model
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ksss42mw is th emodel number
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 17 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

I`m sorry to say that this part is no longer available from the Manufacture.

By law appliance manufactures only have to stock replacement repair parts for 7 years .

After that the manufacture will contact all appliance parts dealer that have purchased that part and ask that they return it for credit to their accounts ,and when the manufacture gets the unused parts back the scrap them.

So You will be hard pressed to find a part in any appliance parts dealers stock.

You might be able to find one at a use appliance parts store. or possibly as site like Ebay.

but the part is no longer available from the manufacture .