Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

KENMORE STOVE, MODEL 790.95680301, SERIAL #VF33419353 OVEN

Customer Question

KENMORE STOVE, MODEL 790.95680301, SERIAL #VF33419353 OVEN GOES TO BROIL INSTEAD OF STAYING AT THE TEMP I SET IT AT
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 790.95680301 IS THE MODEL #. IT IS APPROX 10 YRS OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES, HOPEFULLY
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WE HAVE UNPLUGGED IT AND PLUGGED IT BACK IN AT WALL AND CIRCUIT BREAKER. STILL SAME ISSUE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately the only thing that can cause your broiler to come on when it's not supposed to and overheat is the control board itself. This is a logic issue with your control board and if unplugging the unit didn't reset the issue, the entire display control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model. It's about $180.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?