Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Was getting UL error each time washer starts the spin cycle.

Customer Question

Was getting UL error each time washer starts the spin cycle. Replaced the spring rod kit. Still getting ul errors except for 2 loads. What else needs to be checked?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. If the spring rod kit did not help more than likely the issue is with your rps sensor and will need to be replaced. It senses the magnetic force generated by the motor and then sends that info to the control board to tell the motor how to run right. The RPS sensor is located near the stator. I hope you find this to be your issue and it solves your problem.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was the barring! $417 to fix! Bought a new washer.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Oh wow that is so crazy. It does happen though. I am glad that you were able to get a new washer though and I hope it is better than this one was.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Me too and thanks
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

you are very welcome. I wish I had been able to be of more assistance to you but have a great night.