Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I just followed all your directions to remove basket from a

Customer Question

I just followed all your directions to remove basket from a Maytag Bravos 580 washer and the 11th step isn't working. I can't get the basket to budge. Help! Any new suggestions? WD40? A hammer?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years old...Maytag Bravos MCT...MVW8750WQ1 serial #CO22722257
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes just want to get the basket out and remove the old water below as it smells bad
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. You can try using WD40 I would not suggest a hammer because then you will have to replace the basket which is not cheap. These things are factory sealed which can make it hard to get them off. Not to mention the corrosion from using overtime that can build up.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I was hoping for more detailed instructions on how to release the basket from the shaft. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

You are just going to have to pull hard. There really is nothing more to add to it unfortunately if you followed the instructions and removed everything you were supposed to by the time you came up on 11 all that is left is to pull.