Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Bosch washer spins out of control on the spin cycle.

Customer Question

My Bosch washer spins out of control on the spin cycle. Today machine made a loud noise so my wife turned it off.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased June 2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Axxis One WAE-20060uc
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't plan to do work myself. I'd like an idea about whether it's worth fixing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Likely the main bearing has gone bad, if it spins but is really loud and noisy plus out of balance this would not be worth fixing. The part costs and labor to do that repair is not worth it, I would start shopping for a new machine. The LG front load washers are pretty decent for the money.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.