Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

We have a whirlpool cambrio wtw6200vw0 that is displaying 5d

Customer Question

We have a whirlpool cambrio wtw6200vw0 that is displaying 5d error
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I couldn't tell you how old, however its over 5 years old. Where do I locate the Model Number?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, Since we are very tight on finances
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: According to my wife, the washer skips on the timer. Example on Delicate it goes from 15 min to 12 and stays at 12
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 21 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The 5D is actually a SD for suds .

What type of detergent do you use in the unit? HE or non HE

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My wife has always used either Whisk Pods HE or Tide Pods HE. She switched to Gain Liquid HE Last week! She received the SD error last night. I'm sorry fro the slow typing.

no problem on the delay I`m assisting other customers also ,so it works out just fine.

"Hello, I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed ((Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation.))
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

Does the unit drain at all?

The Error code of SD

Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini-clean out cycle. If the clean out cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display.

This may signify:

➔ Load is bunched or twisted around agitator.

➔ Excessive detergent usage. ➔ Basket cannot engage during drain step.

➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing basket to engage.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 19 days ago.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

if not Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time