Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do replace the oven light door switch on a ge profile

Customer Question

how do replace the oven light door switch on a ge profile in-wall oven
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: jk955w0f3ww, that number is ***** the plate, GE seems to omit the 0 between the w and f. the oven is 12 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The problem is that the door latch will not activate for self-cleaning. I replaced the door latch motor, no luck. The door jamb light switch is not functioning and the manual says it has to be working to activate the latch. I need to know if I need to take the entire inside liner out to access the switch?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

You are correct that the switch is needed for the latch to work. You do not pull out the inside liner to access the switch however. All you do is flip the breaker off to the unit and open the oven door. Remove the screws going into the vent panel below the control panel and remove that vent panel. If you wanted more room you could remove the control panel as well. Now you can reach in behind the oven liner from the top to release the clips holding the switch in place and push the switch out through the front so you can replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 20 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?