Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My lid switch fuse on my maytag washer continues to blow. do

Customer Question

hi. my lid switch fuse on my maytag washer continues to blow. do u know what the problem could be?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it's 6 years old. a dependable care top loader model #LSE7806ACE
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. just that the lid switch continues to blow when i turn machine on
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

This fuse is designed to blow when the lid switch or out of balance switch is making a poor contact. The entire lid switch assembly needs to be replaced and not just the fuse I'm sorry to say so below is a link to the part you need to order and replace and it will come with a new fuse.

CLICK HERE for part

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?