Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a Kenmore top loading high efficiency low water

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore top loading high efficiency low water washing machine and either doesn't spin, when it does it is so loud, previously I replaced the hot water hose, it was actually bulging at both sites, and cleaned the connection on the washer as it appeared to be clogged with crystals of some kind.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is from 2013, where do you find the model #?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I just want to get an idea, if it is not worth fixing or is too expensive I will be looking for a different washer, I am angry that this machine is only 3 years old, and problems, will probably be the last Sears product I buy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure what you mean?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

This is a common problem with those models, the tub bearings on the units do not last and when the get bad the washer either makes a horrific sound during spin almost sounds like a jet engine or train on the tracks and when they get that bad it creates friction on they system and the system shuts the motor down to keep it from burning up. Its a fairly expensive repair even if you do it yourself, around 200 for the parts and the special bearing tool you would need so I would advise looking into getting a new unit.

******************************************************************************

Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know.