Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MFI2269VEM3 refrigerator and the light panel

Customer Question

I have a Maytag MFI2269VEM3 refrigerator and the light panel for the water dispenser is completely off and won't dispense water or ice. When I press a button (any button) all of the lights come on while I am touching it, then they go off when I release.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approximately 10 years old - Model #MFI2269VEM3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Unfortunately this is an issue with your main power supply board on the back of the refrigerator. You'd need to order and replace this board to resolve the issue. You can try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset first, but if not then below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

You'll need to program the new board as well so you'll need instructions for that.

To program the board: LL, UL and such are the 4 buttons around the display itself which are not labeled. LL is lower left. UR is upper right, LR is lower right.

1- Press and hold the Water Keypad

2- Press and hold the LL Keypad At this point you're holding two keypads

3- Release the Water Keypad and wait 3 seconds At this point you're still holding the LL keypad

4- The control will display PE (Programming mode) release the LL keypad

5- Press the LL Keypad once more

6- The control will display the current program code

7- If the code is correct, press and hold the Water Keypad for 3 seconds Press the UR keypad or LR keypad to change the digit value. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL keypad to select the next digit.

Once you have the correct program code entered, press and hold the LL keypad until the program code starts flashing. If you try to enter an invalid code it won't flash and the control will beep. If that's what happening try again

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?