Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our refrigerator ice maker is not working. (Model

Customer Question

Our refrigerator ice maker is not working. (Model ED5RHAXNBOI) The ice maker switch is on. The water dispenser is working. Water is not flowing to the cube tray. The manual states that "Your ice maker has an automatic shut off. The ice maker sensors will automatically stop ice production, but the control will remain in the ON position."
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Age is about 10 years. It's a Whirlpool.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if necessary.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 22 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Check and see if the fill tube is blocked with ice.

CLICK HERE ICEMAKER

Replace that if the fill tube is not blocked.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I'm not sure where the fill tube is. There is a short section of tube above the ice tray. The ice water section of the system is working so it appears the water is coming through. The ice tray however will not fill.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
My VISA credit card info was sent. It has not changed.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I found that my credit card sent a fraud alert to me and probably put a hold on the card. It should go through now. I however have not received a solution to my problem. Your rep indicated it might be an ice clog in my line. I told him it didn't appear to be that.since I have ice water in the freezer. He was going to call me but so far he hasn't. Please advise where we go from here.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Can you tell me when I am going to be contacted?