Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ge profile cooktop. had water spilled on it and now it

Customer Question

ge profile cooktop. had water spilled on it and now it 'buzzes. doesnt look to me lioke water couild get in it, but?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years. dont have model # now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. im an electrician not an appliance guy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what could cause the buzz/
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Unfortunately water has worked it's way into the cooktop typically onto one of the burner switches. You will want to just unplug the unit or flip the circuit breaker off for 24 hours and usually when it dries out the unit will work normally again. If not then the switch below one of the knobs got wet and shorted out so it would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?