Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile Arctica model# PSC23NG. The temp setting

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Arctica model# ***** The temp setting for the freezer and refrigerator indicator is not staying set. The freezer is now at 39 and fridge is at 53. Any advice?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Where do I find the exact model posted? It's 5-6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. This is the first time we had any problems.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The display will always default back to the actual temperature, so we need to find out why they are rising.

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I hear the fan and no re frost.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should the indicator lights just below the temperature setting showing "set" be lit? They are not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hmm, thank you. Is the metal strip between the doors hot and not just warm?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you mean the strip between the doors facing front when I open both, it's cool to the touch.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, so the compressor is not running. Are you able to pull the refrigerator out to access the back of the cabinet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Excellent! If you can remove that cover from the bottom of the back area, the compressor is number 725 in the diagram at the link below. Is the compressor hot or room temperature?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which cover… I see two. One is on the right side and the other is on the very bottom covering the whole area from left to right.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Number 616 in that diagram, the large one at the bottom.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have the bottom panel off now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is the compressor hot or room temperature?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If the Compressor is the black round looking thing, then it is cool or room temperature.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Is the fan next to it running?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, The fan does not appear to be running.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Use a screwdriver handle to whack the metal cover up and to the right. Does it kick on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, it doesnt
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The board under that cover will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got it, thanks.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The board is number 801 in the diagram at the link below. It is accessed by removing that metal cover.

CLICK HERE

You can try a hard reset by unplugging it for a few hours but I would not trust it, even if it resets.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!