Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Whirlpool self cleaning over alarms after a minute of

Customer Question

My Whirlpool self cleaning over alarms after a minute of starting. Code FSE1 shows up in the window.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Where do I find the model #? Also I am not sure of the age of the range.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is electric with a class cook top. I would if it an easy fix
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The range top works fine. The self cleaning mechanism worked well the last time the oven was cleaned about 3 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So to start let me explain your error code. F5E1 means that your door latch isn't rotating properly. Hopefully the door isn't currently locked or that will make repairs a bit more difficult. If the door still opens, wiggle the door latch hook in case it's stuck then try to set self clean again. If it still won't lock and you still get the same error, you need to replace the door latch if you want to use self clean again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?