Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung front load washer. The diaphragm came

Customer Question

I have a Samsung front load washer. The diaphragm came loose. It is the wire attached one end to the other by a spring to make a circle or loop. Can you tell me how to reinstall this part?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So yes the wire retaining ring is attached end to end by a spring to make a loop and the wire goes around the rubber gasket with the spring in the 6 o'clock position. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the gasket so you can see how to install the retaining ring. Watch time stamp 6:51 on to see how to install the wire retaining ring. And if you coat the wire ring with liquid soap it makes the job easier.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?