Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE profile artica side by side refrigerator and the

Customer Question

I have a GE profile artica side by side refrigerator and the light on the door panel has now started to stay on full time. How do I fix this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 9 years old and the Model#PSC25NSTA SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Is it simple enough that I could do it?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do I repair this?
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 22 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Are you talking about the dispenser light?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
it used to only go on when I used it and then was off. Now it is on 24/7. This is on the freezer door side of the panel.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
How complicated is this and could I really fix it myself before I go ahead with your suggestion to call me and talk me through it?
What parts do I need, etc.? Also, what skills do I need? I have pulled the refrigerator out and unplugged to see if that would reset to no avail.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I will need to work on this during the day tomorrow as it is too late for me tonight. Let me know how to connect again to follow up if I am able to do the repair. Many thanks.

Have you made sure the light is off on the control panel?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The light is off on the control panel which it has been the complete time. Next.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
When will I get help to finish this correction with the light, especially now that I have been charged without my knowledge?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I started this inquiry a week ago and have not heard back since Friday. Please help as I would like to get this issue resolved today. Thank you for your prompt response.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 days ago.

The LED board in the dispenser is a low voltage board. It is powered from the dispenser board as well as controlled by it. If it will not toggle off, I suspect the dispenser board will need to be replaced, number 93 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!