Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch dishwasher. It stopped in mid cycle with

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher. It stopped in mid cycle with error E-24. What does this mean?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: SHE33T52UC/01 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It appears to be still under warranty until 2018
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The soap has not been release in the washer after cycle was started
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 21 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a drain code meaning the unit is taking too long to drain out. Either the drain pump is bad, the drain hose is blocked or the siphon gap by your sink faucet is plugged up. Check all those things and see which is the issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.