Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a wpl cabrio washingmachine. purch 11/20/2010. It has

Customer Question

I have a wpl cabrio washingmachine . purch 11/20/2010 . It has developed a clicking , or rubbing noise , especially during the spin cycle . noise coning from bottom of machine .
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 6 years old . mod. wtw7300xwo , sn.co3770165 type 580
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it isnot a serious problem . If necessry , service mn is ok
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the noise seems to be like n eccentric noise , 1 click per revolution t slower speeds fst speeds , noise goes way
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 23 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Tip the unit up against the wall and see if the stator hub is loose. That has the large ALLEN bolt right in the middle of it. If it is loose I would tighten it up. IF it is not but you see brownish liquid splattered all over the unit has a leak and will need a new main seal bearing kit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.