Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Bosch nexxt 500 plus dryer has stopped working. When the

Customer Question

my Bosch nexxt 500 plus dryer has stopped working. When the selection is made, the start button pushed - i hear the door lock click and then there is another click somewhere but the dryer does not spin/start. i have checked the lint filter it is clean - i have also vacuumed out the lint duct and checked the output vent all is clean. I opened the back of the machine and checked/pressed the thermal switch. Nothing seems to work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is either a broken belt, a tripped belt switch or a tripped thermostat on the heater housing. Remove the top and check belt to see if it is broken. If it is not then you need to remove the back panel and check the red reset on the thermostat on the heater housing. If that is tripped press it in and try it, if it is not tripped check the slide switch on the belt idler pulley to see if it is tripped.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks - the only thing i hadn't already done was the problem - the belt switch. thanks again for your help.