Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My GE washing machine (Model GMAN3000M0WS) fills but will

Customer Question

My GE washing machine (Model GMAN3000M0WS) fills but will not spin or agitate. I've changed the lid switch, thinking that was the problem, but still same issue.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model GMAN3000M0WS. Probably 8-9 yr old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When these issues happen first we always recommend to check and make sure that the drive belt has not broken or came off. If this is not the issue then next we move onto the drive motor since you have already replaced the lid lock.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Washing-Machine-Drive-Motor/WH20X10063/1569650?modelNumber=GMAN3000M0WS&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b3d851730

This is the part I am referring to. To see if the drive motor is defective, first ensure that the motor is getting power. If the drive motor hums but doesn’t run, is noisy, or does not turn freely, replace it.

If this does in fact turn out to be your issue this is the part for your unit. If you have found my information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?