Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I Have a side by side Frigidare refrig and the ice maker in

Customer Question

I Have a side by side Frigidare refrig and the ice maker in it is making clumps of ice. Any ideas?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire4A44804812 2014 FFHS2622MSWA- 4A44804812
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just bought this 2 days ago had never been used
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Probably the best thing you can do is heat up the icemaker with a hair dryer and thaw out all the ice in case water is flowing out of the icemaker incorrectly. If that doesn't work all you can do is replace the icemaker so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think my question was answered-- It is making ice that is a great big ball. Sometimes has a flat bottom but this big wad of ice is to big to go through shoot.
Thanks,
Vicky
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, the icemaker is dripping or creating too large of cubes causing this problem that is why it won't go through the dispenser chute. That would require a new icemaker if thawing out the icemaker didn't resolve the issue.