Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Operating a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, approx 8-10

Customer Question

Operating a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer, approx 8-10 yrs old........MOD # WFW94HEXW1. During normal wash cycle, received codes E02 & F08. Per the service manual, I removed the water hoses and cleaned the screens. One actually had small amounts of a black substance. Restarted the cycle and within 2-3 minutes........same codes appear. Help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8-10 yrs. MODEL WFW94HEXW1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if its not too complicated; otherwise, a service person would be in order.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've confirmed there is a good water supply. Otherwise, nothing to add. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So it sounds like you're looking in the right direction because this error means it's not filling up quick enough. Now this unit doesn't have a flow meter so if you cleaned the screens and you still get the error you need to replace your electronic water valve on the back of your washer because it's restricting your water flow. This is the part with the screens you cleaned so below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?